Effective Date: 01 July 2021
DLLC is the legal and beneficial owner of the website, https://www.dllclegal.com/, all material located on the website including all information, text, graphics as well as any software programmes available on or through this website (hereinafter referred to as “dllclegal.com”). dllclegal.com provides a platform for users to browse, obtain information, inquire about our services which are offered by DLLC.
By interacting with us, using dllclegal.com, submitting information to us, or engaging our services, you agree and consent to DLLC as well as our service providers and third parties appointed by us on your behalf collecting, using and disclosing your personal data in the manner set forth in this policy.
In this policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual, who can be identified from that data, and other information to which we have or likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
We will explain the following:
- What information we collect and why we do so
- How that information is used
- Your options in accessing and managing that information
Information we collect
You may provide us with your information including:
a. Information that you give us
i. In the course of you engaging or inquiring about our services, you may provide us with your contact information, including your (first and last) name, identification number (where appropriate), (billing and/or delivery) address, birthdate, mobile number and email address, including the personal details of any relevant persons or next of kin;
ii. other information in relation to the remuneration for the provision of our service, such as your financial information including the billing and/or delivery address, banking and/or credit card details;
iii. if you have made an inquiry in-person or through dllclegal.com, the information regarding the nature of your inquiry; and
iv. such other information necessary for us to discharge our duties to meet your needs through our full range of legal services.
b. Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to dllclegal.com, we may automatically collect the following information:
i. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
ii. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); legal information that you have viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
c. Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by our affiliates, partners or through other services we provide. In this case we would have informed you when we collect that data, that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The above information is used for evaluating your interaction with dllclegal.com such as log information and device information. In addition, we collate this data to compute the number of visitors on dllclegal.com as a whole. That said, we always encourage due diligence before divulging Personal Data in any form. Other than email services pertaining to the functionality of dllclegal.com, you expressly consent for dllclegal.com to use your email address to send you marketing collaterals, promotions or corporate communications unless you have expressly agreed not to receive such materials by opting out and/or unsubscribing from the mailing list or using such other means provided to you by DLLC.
Here is a breakdown of the data points collected on how we use this information:
- Billing and other information. For users who engage our services on dllclegal.com, our corporate affiliates and third-party payment processors may collect and store your billing address and credit card information on our behalf. Our payment gateway is powered by a trusted, secured provider. This information is strictly used for billing purposes only.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using dllclegal.com, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the projects, people, features, content, links you interact with, and third-party integrations you use (if any). This information is used for internal evaluation on platform interaction patterns, engagement rates and analytics. This may also be used by us for research and development on DLLC’s services and dllclegal.com. In the event third parties are involved, all data points are anonymized and aggregated to protect your privacy.
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to upload is collected when using dllclegal.com. This information is used only for communications between DLLC and you, and may be used as a channel for marketing and corporate communications unless you have expressly stated your preference not to receive such communications. This information is accessible by DLLC.
- Log data. When you use dllclegal.com, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using dllclegal.com, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of dllclegal.com, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. This information is primarily used for internal purposes, such as establishing usage patterns, troubleshooting, interaction patterns and development. This information may be shared with third parties to facilitate co-development or troubleshooting. In the event third parties are involved, all data points are anonymized and aggregated to protect your privacy.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using dllclegal.com on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. This information is primarily used for internal purposes, such as establishing usage patterns, troubleshooting, interaction patterns and development. This information may be shared with third parties to facilitate co-development or troubleshooting. In the event third parties are involved, all data points are anonymized and aggregated to protect your privacy.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location. This information is used to enable certain functionalities of dllclegal.com. This information is also used for internal purposes, such as establishing usage patterns, troubleshooting, interaction patterns and development. This information may be shared with third-parties to facilitate co-development or troubleshooting. In the event third parties are involved, all data points are anonymized and aggregated to protect your privacy.
- Services integrations. If, when using dllclegal.com, you integrate with a third-party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third-party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with DLLC. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third-party services.
- Third-party data. We may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to improve DLLC. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as the performance of an online marketing or email campaign.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device, and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website or use our desktop application. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser deletes them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which projects you are a part of. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access dllclegal.com through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there. However, if you disable some or all cookies, dllclegal.com may not function as intended.
DLLC sets and reaches out to our own cookies on the domains operated by dllclegal.com and its corporate affiliates. In addition, we use third parties including but not limited to certain providers for website analytics. You may opt out of third-party cookies from these services by visiting their websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information to provide and improve DLLC and dllclegal.com.
We use other kinds of information in providing our services and advice, specifically:
- To understand and improve dllclegal.com. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are interacting with dllclegal.com and improve on feedback.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails and dllclegal.com-related messages. We may send you emails and messages as necessary for the full functionality and performance of dllclegal.com as intended. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in dllclegal.com, dllclegal.com offerings, and important dllclegal.com-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the dllclegal.com platform.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments. This information is also used to communicate with you for invoicing and payment matters.
- Marketing and corporate communications. We may need to contact you for marketing and corporate communications such as updates, new offerings and promotions. Unless you have expressly stated your preference to opt out, we may also use your information to send marketing collaterals or for advertising purposes.
- Security and keeping your information safe. We work hard to keep the dllclegal.com platform secure and to prevent abuse and fraud. From time to time, your information may be accessed by personnel of DLLC to facilitate this process.
Withdrawal of Consent
At any given time, if you do not wish to share your information, you may delete your account by:
Contacting our Data Protection Officer at 6557 0215 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your matter as “PDPA Assistance Required Concerning www.dllclegal.com”
You will be required to specify your email address, full name, and any additional information to facilitate identification and deletion of your Personal Data.
Our Data Protection Officer will contact you regarding your request and will ensure that all personal information associated with you including but not limited to name, address, phone number, credit card details will be permanently deleted, without undue delay.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our legal services to you.
However, you may indicate that you wish to remain in our mailing list by email, as the DLLC is constantly updating and evaluating their services and offering new and improved services recommendations.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, your rights or anything pertaining to your data and how its managed, reach out to us at email@example.com.
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. DLLC does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
Sharing and Disclosure
Based on the information you provide to us, we may create or append other information to your profile in the interest of better serving you (for example, your legal needs). As is the case with all data we collect, this will be kept private and for our business purposes only.
DLLC may share other information as follows:
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information. All Personal Data will be anonymized and aggregated.
- For audit and compliance purposes. We may disclose your Personal Data in connection with professional indemnity policies, to our professional advisers including auditors, to any relevant authorities, including professional regulatory bodies and or law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas, to the extent necessary to comply with any laws regulations, rules, directions, guidelines and other similar requirements.
Other types of disclosure
DLLC may share or disclose Personal Data as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. This includes but is not limited to a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of DLLC’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence). In such an event, we will contact you and inform you of the impending data transfer and we will provide a reasonable timeframe for you to withdraw your Personal Data should you wish to do so.
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal proceedings.
- To enforce the rights of all stakeholders, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of DLLC, our users or third-parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may occasionally disclose or use anonymized and aggregated information; for instance, information may be shared with our partners or affiliates for business or research purposes involving data points, or partnering with research firm or academics to explore questions about enhancing DLLC and its potential.
Security, Accountability and Governance
We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
DLLC shall maintain a written record of processing activities carried out.
DLLC does implement appropriate measures to:-
- ensure that only personal data that is necessary for the specific purpose is processed;
- an assessment of the impact of processing on the protection of personal data in certain circumstances (particularly new technologies) is likely to result in high risk to the rights and freedom of individuals; and
- appoint / designate a Data Protection Officer if required, to monitor, review and assess your data processing procedures, aiming to minimize date processing and retention of data, and building in safeguards. Our Data Protection Officer shall notify you on becoming aware of any personal data breach without undue delay.
DLLC does not take any responsibility for the content and privacy policies of any external website linked through dllclegal.com. We advise you to click on any external links at your own discretion and to take note of the privacy policies on such external websites to protect yourself.
Data Breach Notification
In the case of a personal data breach of a significant scale or results in significant harm to an individual, DLLC shall:-
a. Notify the user without undue delay, but not later than 72 hours where feasible; or
b. Notify the user as soon as it is practicable in appropriate circumstances.
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we will post any changes on this page and in certain circumstances, a notification will be made available to you informing you of the changes. If you continue to use dllclegal.com or DLLC’s services after those changes are in effect, you are deemed to agree to the revised policy.
Amendments to Personal Data Protection Policy
Consent and acknowledgement
Without prejudice to the foregoing, by accessing and using our website in any way (including without limitation any documents, data, reports and materials), you represent and warrant that you have read, understand and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as set out above.